Submitted by Emaan Khan (@MaaNey)
Twitter can instantly turn an average moviegoer into a critic. The micro-blogging site enables everyone to express their opinion, and if one's opinion is appreciated it increases their popularity instantly. Mombo.com accumulates all tweets (updates of twitter) on each particular movie and sums up a rating. Then who needs just one critic? Will long detailed reviews become obsolete like the newspaper? Yes, I believe they will but only time can tell.
Even celebrities (actors,directors,writers etc) not associated with a particular movie have voiced their opinions (positive or negative) on twitter which gives a completely different perspective. Approachability towards a celebrity has been maximized and therefore the results of a movie's success or failure have become transparent. Actors and movie makers can directly hear from audiences from across the globe through twitter. Does it get better than this? No, but at times it does get worse. Instant negative updates and feedback on movies can also damage the future of a movie and may be misleading. There are people out there who just want to voice negative opinions on one or all movies coated with humor. Humor is extremely attractive and at times deprives you of seeing a good movie. In such cases a website like Mombo.com plays integral part in the process of movie selection through ratings.
If I speak for the masses, we are generally only looking for a rating of a movie because not everybody reads all complete reviews. Things are moving fast due to an uproar of social media and its almost draining to stop and read pages and pages of analyses. Most people don't even have a critic that they follow therefore my reviews are much like Twitter, only 140 characters including rating. Rarely some special movies require double the characters but other than that I find this is enough to get your point across. Who am I? I'm the audience with an opinion therefore I am a critic. If you are expressing a value judgment then so are you.
Emaan's bio:
Bachelor's Honors degree: Biology & Pyschology from Trent University. Living in Toronto, Canada. Writer & Reviews Holly/Bollywood movies in 140 characters. Karan Johar's Unofficial Online Secretary! Approved by Karan Johar. Plays the famous MUK(MaaNey Unveils Karan) on Twitter. Join in at twitter.com/MaaNey. I Love Karan Johar & Ultimate Dream: to direct/write a Film for Dharma Productions. "Make your own Path, rather than following someone else's (who probably doesnt know where they are going to begin with)" - Emaan Khan Email: maaney@gmail.com, Blog: http://www.emaankhan.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment